1. Sunglasses indoors, or at night
Unless you're Tom Cruise, back in Dubai to film Mission Impossible 7 or whatever, or blind, this is not socially acceptable. You are not cool, you are a douchebag.
|What an idiot.|
2. Too much neon
I'm sorry, we're stuck in too much traffic already, we don't need another traffic light in this city. Please stop blinding us, or we might have to wear sunglasses indoors and you wouldn't want us to be douchebags now, would you?
|Cute in small doses. Just pick ONE. Not all of them!|
3. Color blocking the wrong way
You look like you dressed in the dark (or were you wearing your sunnies indoors again? See number 1, this no sunnies indoors rule really needs to sink in, I think.)
|Yeah...Not a fan.|
4. Too much animal print
Did you look at your leopard print dress and go "I know what would go well with this! Leopard print shoes!" Um... no. "...Zebra print shoes?" NO! Is your name Snooki?
5. Blackberry pins on the back of carsWe were not going to add you before, and we definitely aren't going to do it now.
|Saudi number plate, but it still applies.|
6. Any sort of visible underwear
There's this wonderful invention known as Spanx. Try eBay. Or just wear black pants and stop horrifying us all with your see-through chinos. Wearing a white thong or a black thong doesn't work either. Try nude OR JUST WEAR DIFFERENT PANTS.
|Spanx saves lives.|
7. Leggings as pants
See number 6.
8. Ed HardyI don't even think I need to elaborate.
9. Parrot green, orange, yellow or any Karama-type skinny jeans on guys (who I like to call - The Hamoodis.)
10. Heels you can't walk inClumping around like Quasimodo is not sexy.
|I'd probably laugh until I pass out, then I'd help her up and ask her for her autograph (That's Lady Gaga. Tsk tsk, wearing shades at night... no wonder she fell.)|
11. Label love
Okay, we get it, you have a Louis Vuitton bag, you love your Starbucks coffee enough to post 50 pictures on Instagram. However, if you're flaunting 10 different extremely visible labels at a time, what you intend to look expensive and classy, instead you come of as trashy and attention seeking.
|I'm just casually drinking my Starbucks coffee with my LV wallet, Ray Bans and Michael Kors watch. So natural.|
12. Playing music on loudspeaker from your cellphone
What? You can afford the smartphone but aren't smart enough to buy headphones? Again, something Karama hamoodis do often.
|She looks so happy listening to music on her headphones, and SO CAN YOU!|
13. BlackberriesWorst. Phone. Ever. Can we all just collectively boycott Blackberry together?
|Wallah, this phone sucks, yakhi!|
14. This is a trend I notice a lot on Twitter. #Dubai #swag #toomanyhashtags.
Isn't that annoying? Stop abusing hashtags on Twitter, and in real life. Also, stop saying swag, or writing swag, or thinking swag. Also, stop with the YOLOS. #IMSICKOFYOURSTUPIDITY
Sigh, I'm so glad I got that off my chest. Do you guys have any annoying trends that need to end? Tweet me, Facebook me or write me a comment.
PS- I've violated atleast 3 of these (the shame). Guess which ones!